One child has died while two others are receiving treatment at Samaria medical center in Rodi Company after they accidentally consumed organophosphate poison last night at their home in Rarage village
Kabuoch North in Ndhiwa Constituency.

The children between the age of 3 and 1, from the same family were rushed to the health facility after their stomach started swelling after drinking the poison meant for killing termites which their father had preserved in a juice bottle.

According to Doctor Joseph Odhiambo who is the in-charge at the health facility, the children were taken to the facility while in a critical condition after consuming the poison and due to their determination they managed to save two lives while the other one who consumed the substance in excess died.

Speaking to Dala FM on phone, Dr. Odhiambo said the three years old girl died as a result of suffocation after a member of the family sneaked with a packet of milk and gave her after the doctors had drained all the poisons from her body what he lamented caused a lot of reactions to the body and resulted to her death.

He said two other children aged 3 years old and 1 year respectively are still recuperating at the hospital in a stable condition after they managed to drain all the poisons from their bodies. Body of the child who died at the hospital has been move to Homa Bay County referral   hospital mortuary.




About Author

Chris is a digital nomad and travel the country while freelancing and blogging. Rest assured, his job is always his first priority.