Kenyans have one more day to submit gospel music/artists works they would want to see on the Groove Awards Nominees list this year. Artists and other Industry stakeholders have taken to social media and mainstream platforms since the opening of the submissions/nominations process to urge fans to nominate their best works for the much anticipated 14th edition of the Awards ceremony.
As was introduced last year after research and public insights, Groove allows for the public involvement in the nomination process giving them the power to choose who makes it to the nominees list. This continues to generate a lot of excitement amongst stakeholders and the industry as it gives greater ownership and participation to music fans across the country. Additional insights this year also saw the introduction of new categories to cater for the changing dynamics;
The new categories this year are;-
• Young Groover of the year
• Digital/Online Personality of the year
• Top Diaspora Song
Other categories in which the public will submit their preferred nominees are:
• Artist of the year
• Song of the year
• Teens’ Choice song of the year
• Breakthrough artist of the year
• Hop-Hop song of the year
• Ragga/Reggae song of the year
• Praise and Worship song of the year
• Collabo of the year
• Music video of the year
• Dance Style/Song of the year
• Radio Presenter of the year
• TV Presenter of the year
• Hypeman/MC of the year
• Breakthrough DJ of the year
• Eastern Counties song of the year
• Western Counties song of the year
• Rift Counties song of the year
• Nyanza Counties song of the year
• Central Counties song of the year
• Coastal Counties song of the year
Fans have been directly nominating their favourite songs and artists through www.grooveawards.co.ke ; a process which closes on 30th April.
As is customary, the nominees are set to be unveiled at the Groove Nomination Night-a Red Carpet event graced by the Gospel fraternity and media.
Groove Awards continues to be the region’s premier Gospel Award ceremony. It has always sought to promote and connect Gospel artists across Africa and foster unity among industry stakeholders, all the while raising the quality and standards of the local music industry.
Voting will then open to the public shortly after the nominees unveil. Who will make it to the list this year? You have only 1 more day. The power is in your hands!